Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
- The crash arose from misunderstandings between staff which effectively over-rode the safe operation of the Electric Train Tablet system protecting the single line.
- Tyers Electric Train Tablet was in use on the line by 1891 and trains could pass at Felixstowe Beach.
- Operation of the complex stretches of single line had been done by Absolute Block working, but without any form of physical train staff (supplemented by telegraphic train orders issued from an office at Glastonbury), so the LSWR set about replacing this by the Electric Train Tablet method of single-line control.
- Edward Tyer (6 February 1830 - 25 December 1912) was an English railway engineer who developed the Tyer's Electric Train Tablet system widely used in the 19th and 20th centuries on single-track railways.
- Tyer's Electric Train Tablet system is a form of railway signalling for single line railways used in several countries; it was first devised in Great Britain by engineer Edward Tyer after the Thorpe rail accident of 1874, which left 21 people dead.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!