Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- In his research, Steck found that almost half the patients with Parkinson's disease in the psychiatric ward during the post-encephalitic period had Bradyphrenia.
- After the war, 200 post-encephalitic Parkinsonism patients were cared for at the hospital by consultant geriatrician and former general practitioner Joseph Sharkey, whose work at the hospital included the early trials of levodopa in Parkinsonism.
- Although initial recovery seemed rapid, he was left with post encephalitic syndrome.
- Post-encephalitic parkinsonism is a disease believed to be caused by a viral illness that triggers degeneration of the nerve cells in the substantia nigra.
- These data were confirmed when he specified the anatopathological alterations in encephalitic parkinsonism and were approved by the scientific world.
- Martin's book "The Basal Ganglia and Posture" (1967) includes case histories and clinical observations of a large group of patients with post-encephalitic Parkinsonism who were long-stay patients at Highlands Hospital, Winchmore Hill.
- The first episode was about the post-encephalitic patients described by the neurologist Oliver Sacks (see "Awakenings").
- A single dose of the R2 vaccine passively introduced on mucosal tissues protects the nervous system from future infections and affords protection against lethal encephalitic infections in mice and rats.
- Infection with the virus often causes no symptoms, but it can lead to either an encephalitic disease or a non-encephalitic disease.
- In 1982 Pope contracted a rare form of encephalitic virus after a visit to Africa.
- Whilst in the Canary Islands in 1896 Primitivo acted as "Fiscal" in the case of "El Crimen de Taganana", a crime of passion on the island of Tenerife in which Irene Ravelo Suárez was accused of murdering her lover – by whom she had a child while her husband was in America – with an axe, causing a massive head wound which led to his death from encephalitic meningitis two months later.
- Although the cause of klazomania is unknown, it is considered to be associated with encephalitis lethargica; a 2006 journal review by Jankovic and Mejia attributes klazomania to tourettism (tics not due to Tourette syndrome), widely seen after the encephalitic lethargica pandemic of 1916 to 1927.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!