|NOUN || a fuzzy-wuzzy | fuzzy-wuzzies |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- While withdrawing, Jack and Darko spot Max being carried by Fuzzy wuzzy angels to an aid station.
- Their elaborately styled hair gained them the name Fuzzy-Wuzzy among British troops during the Mahdist War, after which Rudyard Kipling wrote the poem by the same name.
- "Fuzzy-Wuzzy" is a poem by the English author and poet Rudyard Kipling, published in 1892 as part of "Barrack Room Ballads".
- Its title refers partially to a crocodile in Moveave and partially to the assistant district officer, Jim Green, who received the main character, Hoiri, together with other Fuzzy Wuzzy Angels in Lae during World War II.
- Fuzzy Wuzzy Angels was the name given by Australian soldiers to Papua New Guinean war carriers who, during World War II, were recruited or forced into service to bring supplies up to the front and carry injured Australian troops down the Kokoda trail during the Kokoda Campaign.
- Rudyard Kipling's poem "Fuzzy-Wuzzy" refers to two battles in the Mahdist War, Tamai in 1884 and Abu Klea in 1885, in which infantry squares were used by the British expeditionary force.
- The success by the "anṣār" in breaking the British military square was famously remembered in Rudyard Kipling's poem ‘Fuzzy-Wuzzy’ (a derogatory term for the people of the Beja tribe, many of whom fought in the Mahdist army).
- Dinnen was a pilot during World War II and his plane was put down by Japanese fighters. He was rescued by the Fuzzy Wuzzy Angels of Papua New Guinea.
- "Carex hirsutella", the hairy green sedge or fuzzy wuzzy sedge, is a species of North American sedge that was first described by Kenneth Mackenzie in 1923.
- "Armillo" is a 3D puzzle-platform game developed by Fuzzy Wuzzy Games.
- They presented their highest citation to Havala Laula, the last of the WWII Fuzzy Wuzzy Angels at a ceremony in Melbourne's Heroes Club in March of that same year.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!