|NOUN || a mire | mires |
|VERB || to mire | mired | mired|
miring | mires
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Parc Nant y Waun is a nature reserve incorporating 22 hectares of grassland, mires and reservoirs which was officially opened in 2007.
- However, some uncertainties of how the local conditions affect the formation of palsa forms and especially the hydrology of palsa mires still exist.
- south-east of Princetown, overlooking the notoriously dangerous Fox Tor Mires.
- The moth species "Ichneutica agorastis" is particularly common at a string mires found in the Ben Ohau Range.
- This is a list of bogs, wetland mires that accumulate peat from dead plant material, usually sphagnum moss.
- String bogs are also known as aapa moors or aapa mires (from Finnish "aapasuo") or Strangmoor (from the German).
- In addition to fells and coniferous forests, mires are a typical landscape in Pallas-Yllästunturi National Park.
- Ainderby Mires and Ainderby Steeple are also in the district, the latter refers to the local church spire, the former to marshy mires.
- It is found in wetlands, bogs and mires.
- Pomerania in Poland and eastern Germany is still thinly populated and holds many lakes, fens and mires.
- Near Arona, on the morainic hills around Lake Maggiore, there is the Lagoni di Mercurago Nature Park which includes mires, pasture for horses and forests.
- Permafrost has been found in many palsa mires in the Kevo and Utsjoki regions.
- Nature reserve was established to protect Orkjärve Bog and Aude and Viisu mires.
- This stink bug prefers the edges of heaths, moors and lowland mires.
- This species is usually associated with the margins of bogs, wet heaths, mires and heathlands.
- Drainage of mires due to climatic factors may also increase the risk of fires, presenting further risk of carbon and methane to release into the atmosphere.
- These leafhoppers inhabit rough grassy areas, peat bogs and mires, wet meadows, near marshes or in swampy habitats, but sometimes live also in drier areas.
- He began his career in film production as a messenger in Fernando Trueba's film "Sé infiel y no mires con quién".
- The site is designated for habitats including calcium-rich springwater-fed fens - Alkaline fens; the southern damselfly ("Coenagrion mercuriale"); marsh fritillary butterfly "Euphydryas (Eurodryas, Hypodryas) aurinia"; purple moor-grass meadows - molinia meadows on calcareous, peaty or clayey-silt-laden soils ("Molinion caeruleae"); wet heathland with cross-leaved heath "Rhostiroedd gwlyb" - Northern Atlantic wet heaths with "Erica tetralix"; very wet mires often identified by an unstable 'quaking' surface - transition mires and quaking bogs; and blanket bogs.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!