|NOUN || a sceptre | sceptres |
|VERB || to sceptre | sceptred | sceptred|
sceptring | sceptres
|SYNO ||scepter | sceptre | verge | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The municipality's arms might be described thus: Per fess at the nombril point azure an eagle displayed argent in each talon a sceptre sable with heads of the second, one a lily sceptre and the other a staff of oath, in base Or a plough of the first.
- "King Ottokar's Sceptre" (written in 1939 by Hergé) depicts an unsuccessful Bordurian attempt at staging a "coup d'état" against Syldavia, trying to remove the king and invade the country with the support from Syldavian sympathizers.
- After placing the Buddha relics in the sceptre, he had gone to Tisawewa for a bath leaving the sceptre.
- A ring mount, topped by a bronze antlered stag figurine, was fixed to the upper end, possibly made to resemble a late Roman consular sceptre.
- In a funerary context the "was" sceptre was responsible for the well-being of the deceased, and was thus sometimes included in the tomb-equipment or in the decoration of the tomb or coffin.
- She held the royal sceptre, which had been carried by the Earl of Arundel, and the consort's sceptre which was topped with a dove.
- "Paranomus bolusii", the Overberg sceptre or viking sceptre, is a flower-bearing shrub that belongs to the genus "Paranomus" and forms part of the fynbos.
- The Sceptre of the Dragon is the sceptre that was created for the acclamation and use of Queen Maria II, in London, England.
- At first the Madonna held a sceptre, but due to the sceptre's poor condition, it was replaced by flowers.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!