|NOUN || a timber bridge | timber bridges |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- For over 30 years this was the only vehicular ferry crossing to North Brisbane (as the Brisbane CBD was then known) in this area, except for a brief period from June 1865-November 1867 when a temporary timber bridge, which was rapidly destroyed by marine borer, spanned the river.
- The timber bridge quickly succumbed to marine wood worm Teredo Navalis and began to progressively collapse.
- Areas cleared for pasture land, introduced trees and some artifacts of Butcher's farm are still extant, as are remnants of a government-built timber bridge where the Admiral Road reservation - which passed through his farmyard - fords the river.
- One of the first popular attractions was a timber bridge built by saw-miller William Pettigrew.
- Percy Allan was responsible for the introduction of American timber bridge practice to NSW, and designed over 500 bridges in NSW.
- From 1907 to 1917, a railway line was carried on a timber bridge downstream of the Great Kei.
- A project to replace a timber bridge over the Barcoo River immediately north of Tambo, at a cost of $7 million, was expected to complete in mid-2022.
- A log bridge is a timber bridge that uses logs that fall naturally or are intentionally felled or placed across streams.
- The Eagle River Timber Bridge is a wooden arch bridge that carries highway M-26 over the Eagle River.
- A bridge was first built here in 1837 being a flat timber bridge of beams on posts.
- A steel and timber bridge crosses at Bankfoot Farm.
- Andrew Nixon was contracted in 1890 by the Queensland government to build a timber bridge across the Balonne River at St George's Bridge.
- M-26 in Eagle River crosses the namesake river on the glue-laminated Eagle River Timber Bridge.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!