Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- It had been immediately apparent from the work of Moseley that the nuclei of heavy atoms have more than twice as much mass as would be expected from their being made of hydrogen nuclei, and thus there was required a hypothesis for the neutralization of the extra protons presumed present in all heavy nuclei.
- According to the Law of Moses, the firstborn son was entitled to receive twice as much of his father's inheritance as the other sons (...).
- The maximum plasma concentration of morphine following oral administration of heroin was around twice as much as that of oral morphine.
- Adobe has been criticized for its pricing practices, with retail prices being up to twice as much in non-US countries.
- A 2008 study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine showed that dieters who kept a daily food diary (or diet journal), lost twice as much weight as those who did not keep a food log, suggesting that if a person records their eating, they are more aware of what they consume and therefore eat fewer calories.
- Coal-fired generation puts out about twice as much carbon dioxide—around a tonne for every megawatt hour generated—as electricity generated by burning natural gas at 500 kg of greenhouse gas per megawatt hour.
- The largest tributary of the Rio Grande by discharge is the Rio Conchos, which contributes almost twice as much water as any other. In terms of drainage basin size, the Pecos River is the largest.
- delivering twice as much content as its "competitors" in a fraction of the time.
- Precipitation is fairly evenly distributed throughout the year, although the wettest months (October and November) receive roughly twice as much rain as the driest months (February, March and April).
- At one time VB sold twice as much as any other full strength beer and was the only Australian beer brand that is in the top 3 sellers in every state.
- In fact, current estimates place boreal forests as storing twice as much carbon per unit area as tropical forests.
- Friedman conjectures that anything done by government costs at least twice as much as a privately provided equivalent, which has been labeled as his eponymous law: "It costs any government at least twice as much to do something as it costs anyone else."
- Over 120,000 troops constitute the size of the Territorial Forces, which is twice as much as it serves in the regular duty military.
- The orders of the full symmetry groups are twice as much again (24, 48, and 120).
- By 2014, China hosts more than twice as much national bandwidth potential than the U.S., the historical leader in terms of installed telecommunication bandwidth (29% versus 13% of the global total) (see pie charts).
- The downside to the frame-transfer architecture is that it requires twice the silicon real estate of an equivalent full-frame device; hence, it costs roughly twice as much.
- They contain more than twice as much energy (approximately 9 [...] kcal/g or 38 [...] kJ/g) as carbohydrates (approximately 4 [...] kcal/g or 17 [...] kJ/g).
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!