Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- During the 16th century, medieval women gained new-found security as wives within virilocal systems, in contrast to the insecurity of Heian-period wives in uxorilocal and wifevisiting arrangements where women were easily abandoned by their spouses.
- He states that tribes have been preferably endogamous, with uxorilocal postmarital residence.
- They also follow a uxorilocal habitation, where the male moves into the household of the woman when they marry, as well as the man becoming a member of his wife's clan especially after the first child is born.
- Among these people, bride service is frequently performed in conjunction with an interval of uxorilocal residence.
- The Urarina customarily practice brideservice, uxorilocal patterns of post-nuptial residence, debt peonage and sororal polygyny.
- The Matsigenka are uxorilocal, which means that the man moves to his wife who usually still live with her parents.
- Each of these groupings tends to be uxorilocal. Marriages are typically polygynous, with partners somewhat related, or in some instances women are taken from nearby groups during raids.
- The collectors noted that the tale type adapted and integrated into traditions of the country, becoming "a clan legend, an explanation for uxorilocal marriage, and a cautionary tale against polygamy".
- Mukotorikon (婿取婚 むことりこん）refers to a system of uxorilocal marital structure in Japan, particularly in Japan's medieval period which was largely superseded by a system of patrilocal marriage, as some men became in charge of units "ie" or "za" following changes in society such as the decline of the "ritsuryo" system. ...
- In social anthropology, matrilocal residence or matrilocality (also uxorilocal residence or uxorilocality) is the societal system in which a married couple resides with or near the wife's parents.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!