|NOUN || an abattoir | abattoirs |
|SYNO ||abattoir | butchery | shambles | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The Mulaut Abattoir is located in Mulaut in the Brunei-Muara District.
- In 1959 Turnings became the location for Ireland’s first horse abattoir, closed in the 1980s. The abattoir was re-opened in late 2009.
- There is an industrial area and some retail outlets at the bottom of the gorge, where there was previously an abattoir. Another abattoir and a quarry are part way up the gorge.
- Kirton drove the need for a research abattoir and then oversaw the planning and construction of Ruakura Research Abattoir.
- In 1987, the Katherine abattoir reopened and began operating on a contract system with about half the previous workforce.
- Prior to the Second World War, a large abattoir was built under the auspices of the Local Council.
- The Smorgon’s abattoir in Mareeba, Queensland was absorbed into a joint venture called Australian Meat Holdings.
- The largest employer in Huish Episcopi is the Southern Counties Fresh Foods Ltd new abattoir, which processes beef and sheep.
- Three months after his final race, Vyta Du Roc had been sent to an abattoir in England and was featured in the BBC Panorama programme, "The Dark Side of Horse Racing", broadcast on 19 July 2021.
- It bought the Murray Bridge abattoir in 1999 with 230 employees.
- The landowners in the abattoir domain, Tel Aviv and Holon Municipalities, are expected to obtain rights in the scope of the H-500 scheme for the clearance of the abattoir (section 2.2.4 of the scheme regulations).
- In February 2012 Animal Liberation gained footage shot undercover over six days at Hawkesbury Valley Abattoir, depicting animals having their throats slit without being properly stunned, and pigs pummelled in the head with an iron bar.
- Galdes also managed to overturn Malta's abattoir fortunes.
- The Deonar abattoir is an abattoir (slaughterhouse) located in Deonar, in the eastern suburb of Mumbai, India.
- A major abattoir, Chengicherla Abattoir, is located here.
- In 1850–1854, Colonial Architect Edmund Blacket designed stone buildings for a public abattoir on the island.
- These include: RadialSystem V, a music and dance centre based in a former electricity sub-station in Berlin; Zone Attive, an arts centre opened in a former abattoir in Rome in 2008; Matadero Madrid, an arts centre also based in a former abattoir.
© dict.cc English-Greek dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!