|ADJ || humble | humbler | humblest |
|VERB || to humble | humbled | humbled|
humbling | humbles
|SYNO ||base | baseborn | humble | ...|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Now consider that the humble flowchart forms the basis of all processes in use today.
- See LEONI retiring in life’s humble shade.
- Cavaliers are humble and accountable.
- Random Wilder – The supposedly humble narrator of the story who's neither humble nor much of a narrator.
- They are very humble and hard working religious people.
- The Mandarin language used many honorifics which have mostly disappeared in modern-day Mandarin daily speech, such as jiàn (賤 "my humble"), guì (貴 "your honorable"), bì (敝 "my humble"), etc.
- Emperor Guangwu greatly mourned them, and he made Yin Jiu a marquess and tried to make Yin Xing a marquess as well, but the humble Yin Xing declined and further instructed Consort Yin to be always humble and not seeking to honor her relatives.
- 1. a humble man of honor, respected towards others.
- O wonder of your humble care for us!
- To eat humble pie, in common usage, is to face humiliation and subsequently apologize for a serious mistake.
- And the last difficult pride in being humble.
- The storyline follows love affair between a youth corper Bayo who plays the titular role and Ebipade, a humble girl.
- With simple and humble living.
- In general, humble language is used when describing one's actions or the actions of a person in one's in-group to others such as customers in business.
- The story tells about other couples, rich and humble. Rich people have a nice house in a district of uptown. Humble people have jobs that provide basic support.
- Simon – A humble and poor shoemaker.
© dict.cc English-Greek dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!