|ADJ || hurt | more hurt | most hurt |
|NOUN || a hurt | hurts |
|VERB || to hurt | hurt | hurt|
hurting | hurts
|SYNO ||damage | detriment | distress | ...|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Alas this defeat was made worse by the fact that two of Sussex's players were absent hurt, including former Test man George Bean, who retired hurt in the first innings of the match.
- In the same posting, Namiotka said that Coughlin had "hurt a lot of people" and "had hurt at least 10 girls".
- The enemies will attempt to hurt Putty in various ways.
- The information that helix piercings do not have nerve endings and do not hurt is completely false.
- The policeman, Kisanda, died by suicide, but Hawkins was brought to trial on one count of murder and three of grievous hurt.
- Caitlin tells Joey that she didn't mean to hurt Claude, but Joey responds that he hurt Caitlin and everybody else, as he wanted everyone else to be "crying and have a big memorial".
- That hurt. Clearly it still hurt in 2009 when Herta Leistner quoted it in her acceptance speech at an award ceremony.
- Damon, who is also hurt with Elena's behavior, sees that Rebekah is hurt from Matt's rejection and the two of them end up at his bedroom having sex.
- Section 320 in India defines grievous hurt. The punishment is enhanced when the hurt is grievous.
- – You can not hurt, can only hurt your shell.
- Reviewing the album for "Rock Sound", Andy Biddulph noted that Lambton's vocals "capture what is to hurt, recover and then hurt again" on top of "some of the most relatable, original pop-punk this side of the millennium.
- In the year 1990, a criminal case was registered against Mishra under Indian Penal Code (IPC) sections 323 (punishment for voluntarily causing hurt), 324 (voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means) and 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace).
- If there are no changes soon, it will just be a matter of time before these park rangers get themselves hurt or they hurt members of the public.
- If a person experiences pain empathy they will be less motivated to hurt others, since people that experience pain empathy have distress when another person is hurt.
- People most think her father hurt Lute more. But in this novel, you may find out a truth that her mother actually was the person who hurt Lute more.
- Interpersonal communications can lead to hurt in relationships. Categories of hurt include devaluation, relational transgressions, and hurtful communication.
- "Hurt Feelings" is a rap song in which Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement describe occasions on which they experienced hurt feelings.
- Tunku Majid went on trial for voluntarily causing hurt, and pleaded not guilty.
- protectionism via tariffs will hurt the U.S. economy far more than Chinese devaluation.
- The election was close throughout the campaign; Gore used the good economy to his advantage, but was hurt by being perceived as robotic and pompous.
© dict.cc English-Greek dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!