|ADJ || non-governmental | - | - |
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- This includes Abd Al-Rahman al-Nuaimi, a Qatari citizen and a human-rights activist who founded the Swiss-based non-governmental organization (NGO) Alkarama.
- The programme's main aims are protecting consumer health, ensuring fair trade, and promoting co-ordination of all food standards work undertaken by intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations.
- The organized environmental movement is represented by a wide range of non-governmental organizations or NGOs that seek to address environmental issues in the United States.
- Email has been widely accepted by businesses, governments and non-governmental organizations in the developed world, and it is one of the key parts of an 'e-revolution' in workplace communication (with the other key plank being widespread adoption of highspeed Internet).
- Since 1989 the mental health crisis intervention non-governmental agency CAHOOTS has responded to Eugene's mental health 911 calls.
- Non-governmental entities can also interfere with elections, through physical force, verbal intimidation, or fraud, which can result in improper casting or counting of votes.
- In order to combat such harmful speech, Non-governmental agencies (NGO's) began promoting large scale media campaigns.
- The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) works to synchronize the disparate international, national and non-governmental efforts to contest poverty.
- Some conciliators operate under the auspices of any one of several non-governmental entities, and for governmental agencies such as the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service in the United States.
- Among non-governmental organizations (NGOs), Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch are noted for their opposition to capital punishment.
- At the non-governmental level, Cyprus has also been a member of the popular extension of the Non-Aligned Movement, the Afro-Asian Peoples' Solidarity Organisation hosting several high-level meetings.
- This election was criticized by local monitoring non-governmental organizations as being undemocratic.
- The Cancer Association of Botswana is a voluntary non-governmental organisation.
- The rest is provided to non-budgetary expenditure and donor-designated projects through the United Nations system and non-governmental organizations.
© dict.cc Spanish-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!