|NOUN || an abortion | abortions |
|SYNO ||abortion | miscarriage|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Abortion rights activists have pursued legal avenues such as buffer zones, especially in Canada and Europe, to prevent anti-abortion activists from approaching women or standing nearby abortion facilities.
- After 40 years of lobbying for change, in March 2020, New Zealand modernised its abortion laws and decriminalised abortion after passage of the Abortion Legislation Act 2020.
- The church's current decision on abortion was taken at the 1994 General Synod.
- Anti-abortion feminism is the opposition to abortion by some feminists.
- Post-abortion care (PAC) is treatment and counseling for post-abortion women.
- Lucinda Cisler (born October 30, 1938) is an American abortion rights activist, Second Wave feminist, and member of the New York-based radical feminist group the Redstockings.
- Mary Wagner (born 1974) is a Canadian anti-abortion advocate who has served prison sentences for entering abortion clinics to counsel mothers against abortion without consent of the facility staff.
- According to historian James C. Mohr, there was an earlier acceptance of abortion, and opposition to abortion, including anti-abortion laws, only came into being in the 19th century.
- Meadows is opposed to abortion and has called abortion a tragedy.
- An opponent of abortion in any form, Cubin consistently voted for restrictions on abortion and against funding of family planning groups that provide abortion services, counseling or advocacy.
- On the other side of the abortion debate, the Susan B. Anthony List, an anti-abortion PAC, supports women who oppose abortion and is seen as the anti-abortion counterpart to EMILY's List.
- Kinzinger opposes late-term abortion and the use of federal funds for abortion or health coverage that funds abortion.
- Ferguson has sponsored legislation prohibiting abortion, including [...] "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act", [...] "Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act", [...] "Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act", [...] "Sanctity of Human Life Act", and [...] "Defund Planned Parenthood Act of 2019".
© dict.cc Finnish-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!