To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Big Brother changed the usual format for Week 12 nominations.
- With an integer base, this defines the usual radix expansion for the number "x". This construction extends the usual algorithm to possibly non-integer values of "β".
- "Kviðuháttr" is a variant of the usual eddaic metre "fornyrðislag", in which the odd lines have only three metrical positions instead of the usual four (i.e. ...
- Modification of the usual decimal representation was advocated by John Colson. The sense of complementation, missing in the usual decimal system, is expressed by signed-digit representation.
- Bulk purchasing or mass buying is the purchase of much larger quantities than the usual, for a unit price that is lower than the usual.
- RBCs often appear hypochromic (paler than usual) and microcytic (smaller than usual) when viewed with a microscope.
- Any property of the usual resultant may similarly extended to the homogeneous resultant, and the resulting property is either very similar or simpler than the corresponding property of the usual resultant.
- During the period between two hours after usual wake-up time and two hours before usual bedtime, light exposure has little or no effect on circadian phase (slight effects generally cancelling each other out).
- Most of the usual algebraic systems of mathematics are examples of varieties, but not always in an obvious way, since the usual definitions often involve quantification or inequalities.
- Due to the saturated 2019 international beach soccer calendar for European teams, this season was shortened considerably compared to the usual program.
- If a filtration is an augmented filtration, it is said to satisfy the usual hypotheses or the usual conditions.
- Assuming a quadratic form for the value function, we obtain the usual Riccati equation for the Hessian of the value function as is usual for Linear-quadratic-Gaussian control.
- In 2017 the higher than usual rainfall wet season caused flood and erosion damage on the station, meaning mustering started later than usual. The previous three seasons had been relatively dry.
- The former tagline of the program is This is not a politics as usual, which been an inspiration of the defunct public affairs show "Politics as Usual" that formerly aired every Tuesdays at 7pm.
- In the autumn, the school reopens, the usual activities resume and also the harassment of the director.
- Examples of locally compact abelian groups include finite abelian groups, the integers (both for the discrete topology, which is also induced by the usual metric), the real numbers, the circle group "T" (both with their usual metric topology), and also the "p"-adic numbers (with their usual "p"-adic topology).
- In total there were 17,317 household spaces. Of these, 16,922 (97.7%) had at least one usual resident and 395 (2.3%) had no usual residents..
- The usual adjectival form is "Neptunian". The nonce form "Poseidean" (...), from Poseidon, has also been used, though the usual adjectival form of Poseidon is "Poseidonian" (...).
- The name derives from the Bowdlerised slang phrase "bucket of shit"; rather than the usual finely tuned racing machines usual for racing circuits, the bikes used were often recycled ex–road machines that had crashed or fallen into disrepair.
- In the usual Euclidean space, we can rewrite the formal definition in usual terms. Each Voronoi polygon [...] is associated with a generator point [...].
© dict.cc Finnish-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!