To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Though some people begin riding bareback before they learn with a saddle, it is usually recommended to first learn in a saddle without stirrups, as the rider is still helped in obtaining correct position by the pommel and cantle, but is not able to use the stirrups as a crutch for poor balance or position.
- A lightweight western saddle with a high pommel and cantle is ideal.
- There are also "cross breed" saddles that combine other western saddle elements, such as a saddle horn or a western cantle design, with traditional Australian elements, such as the pommel swells and deep seat.
- Instead, they used a war saddle which had a cantle at the back and two guard clamps which curved across the top of the rider's thighs.
- The sporran was made of wavy white horse and or goat hair with three black tassels with a black leather cantle.
- It has been written that during the battle, Lame White Man wore a captured cavalry jacket, which was found tied to the cantle of a saddle.
- Pewter or silver cantle is also carved on the sporran.
- It has a high pommel and cantle, and is placed upon a felt saddlecloth to protect the horse's back.
- The back cinch is always located just below the cantle and held in place with a cinch hobble to prevent it from slipping back; however, the position of the front rigging varies.
© dict.cc French-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!