|VERB || to kneel | knelt / kneeled | knelt / kneeled|
kneeling | kneels
|SYNO ||kneel | kneeling|
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- A legend tells that a lamb discovered the cross by going to kneel on a mound of earth where it was found.
- Kayakers will either sit on an elevated bench seat or kneel directly on the bottom of the boat with two knees or one knee in the "high kneel" posture.
- Let us kneel, make sign of the cross, and pray for God's grace.
- In 2020, female Year 7 students were forced by staff to line up and kneel for uniform checks at the outrage of parents.
- In the two common styles of kneeling, the plantarflexed kneel and the dorsiflexed kneel, the lead leg may experience higher adduction and flexion moment, which is associated with increased knee joint loads.
- The H4 classification is for paraplegics with impairment from T11 down, and amputees unable to kneel. These riders operate a hand-operated cycle.
- Jarrod Dyson was the sole Pittsburgh Pirates player to kneel.
- 2. Once on my feet, kneel before the crucifix and after the morning prayer, dedicate time for meditation followed by a short foresight test.
- The world record in kneel jump was recorded at the 2013 Native Youth Olympics, set by Dylan Magnusen with 1.72 meters (5 feet 7 inches).
- He and two other men were once accused of severely assaulting a man, then forcing him to kneel in apology before a well-known society girl for an alleged insult.
- He has all the king's servants at the royal gate to kneel before him.
- He was the only player to kneel for the National Anthem while with the Dallas Cowboys.
- He described how he and the other guard were trying to get a captive to kneel, so they could remove the captive's shackles.
- he had a donkey whom he had trained to kneel before him: he would tell the donkey "Kneel before your lord" and it would kneel, and then he would say to it "Bow before your lord" and it would bow.
- The tilde may indicate alternating allomorphs or morphological alternation, as in [...] for "kneel~knelt" (the plus sign '+' indicates a morpheme boundary).
- 3. Caau2 gaai3 laan4 (...) - Literally to stir-fry Chinese broccoli; A football player get injuried of thigh tendons or muscle by crashing someone's kneel leg or hard body.
- The kneeling ritual (...) is a common practice among Mazu processions.
© dict.cc French-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!