To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Most sources recognize 6 species in 2 genera, although the white-backed and Hawaiian stilts are occasionally considered subspecies of the black-necked stilt.
- At one time it was believed to be closer to the white-backed vulture of Africa and was known as the Oriental white-backed vulture.
- It is home to the critically endangered white-backed vulture and the long billed vulture.
- In recent years there have been no sightings of Critically Endangered White-backed Vultures in Yankari and species probably extirpated from the reserve.
- compared the stress hormone levels of corticosterone in the domesticated Bengali finch in the wild ancestor, the white-backed munia.
- In 2008, a vulture breeding centre was inaugurated aiming at holding up to 25 pairs of each of the two "Gyps" vultures species now critically endangered in Nepal - the Oriental white-backed vulture and the slender-billed vulture.
- Otherwise, the dash was the same as previous models but new for 1973 was the introduction of the white-backed instrument cluster of the U.S 1972/1973 Matador, displaying in miles per hour.
- The white-backed woodpecker ("Dendrocopos leucotos") is a Eurasian woodpecker belonging to the genus "Dendrocopos".
- Current occupants of this exhibit area include a walk-through interactive aviary for Budgerigar, Binturong, Pygmy hippopotamus, White-backed vulture, and Pekin ducks.
- Forest areas are rich with woodpeckers, the rarest among them being the white-backed woodpecker and middle spotted woodpecker.
© dict.cc French-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!