To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Occasionally white capped forms are found. They may be distinguished from the creamy-white coloured "Helvella crispa" by the latter's furry cap undersurface and inrolled margins when young.
- Most commonly kept species are the Blue-headed, Maximillian (Scaly-headed) and White-capped.
- It was formerly considered to be conspecific with the white-capped parrot ("Pionus seniloides").
- Fualopa hosts a breeding colony of black noddy ("Anous minutus" or white-capped noddy).
- It was found that a white-capped dipper renovated an abandoned cock-of-the-rock nest to lay its eggs in.
- For the band's 2012 tour, Van Halen used a variant of the Frankenstrat with the black-and-white capped-bridge pickup from his Wolfgang models, a maple Wolfgang neck with a black headstock and a Wolfgang-style volume knob, this guitar is replica of his original Frankenstrat.
- Some authorities, notably the American Ornithological Society, call this species the white-capped albatross.
- The white-capped dipper ("Cinclus leucocephalus") is an aquatic passerine found in South America.
- The sparsely populated territory abounds with natural scenic beauty, with snowmelt lakes and perennial white-capped mountains, including many of Canada's highest mountains.
- Over 120,000 white-capped noddies nest on the island during this period.
- The seabirds include southern rockhopper and yellow-eyed penguins; Antipodean, southern royal, light-mantled and white-capped albatrosses; and white-chinned petrel.
© dict.cc French-English dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!