Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Cybele (...) (13 July 1888 – 26 May 1978) was the stage name of the famous Greek actress Cybele Andrianou (...).
- A number of temples to Cybele in Rome have been identified.
- The great spangled fritillary ("Speyeria cybele") is a North American butterfly of the family Nymphalidae.
- The fountain of Cybele is found in the part of Madrid commonly called the Paseo de Recoletos.
- "Sterphus cybele" is a species of Hoverfly in the family Syrphidae.
- Marsyas, a Phrygian follower of Cybele, was a satyr who is regarded as the inventor of the aulos, which he created using the hollowed antler of a stag.
- Antaea (Ancient Greek: Ἀνταία), or Antea, was in Greek mythology an epithet of the goddesses Demeter, Rhea, and Cybele.
- The Phyrgian goddess Cybele had been absorbed into the Roman pantheon by Tacitus's time, and Tacitus himself served as a priest in the cult of Cybele, which included duties such as washing a sacred cult stone.
- Canada Council artist's residency grant was given to Cybele to live in Paris for four months in summer 2012 so she could create new work.
- The name may have been derived from Mount Dindymus in Phrygia, on whose slopes at Pessinus a temple to Cybele Dindymene was built.
- Cybele's Secret (pronounced saɪ-bel) is the sequel to "Wildwood Dancing".
- 78, Pan is associated with a mother goddess, perhaps Rhea or Cybele; Pindar refers to maidens worshipping Cybele and Pan near the poet's house in Boeotia.
- On 18 August, a hurricane scattered the squadron between Saint Domingue and Bermuda, and "Cybèle" lost 38 men before taking shelter in the Chesapeake. "Cybèle" then returned by 1807.
- As a lieutenant, he captained the "Cybèle" during the action of 22 October 1794; In 1795, "Cybèle" was attached to the division under Sercey and took part in the action of 8 September 1796, Tréhouart was promoted to "chef de division" on 19 December 1797.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!