|SYNO ||Eire | Ireland | Irish Republic | ...|
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Barry wished to see Saor Eire ended (believing its policies never gain mass support, and in fact, this made Saor Eire an undemocratic concept) and for the IRA to reconcile with Fianna Fáil.
- There are further translations that include "Beag Eire" and "Bec-Eriu", "beag" in the Irish Language meaning "small" and "Éire" meaning "Ireland".
- Éire Óg Hurling and Football club ("Cumann Iománaíochta agus Peile Éire Óg") is located in the parish of Ovens/Farran approximately 16 km west of Cork city, just off the main Cork-Killarney road.
- Sheehan played his club hurling with his local Éire Óg side. In 1960, he was barely out of the minor ranks when he captured a Mid-Cork junior championship title following an eight-point win over Ballincollig. It was the first of three divisional titles in-a-row for Sheehan and Éire Óg as Cloughduv and Ballincollig were subsequently defeated in the finals of 1961 and 1962. The latter win saw Éire Óg reach the final of the county junior championship. East Cork champions Carrigtwohill were the opponents, and Éire Óg won on a score line of 3-4 to 2-4. This victory allowed Éire Óg to move into the county intermediate championship. In their very first year in the new grade, Sheehan's side captured the county intermediate league title.
- In 2010 Éire Óg reclaimed the Benburb Cup over current holders Dungannon, it was one of the greatest wins for Éire Óg over their arch rivals Dungannon after the shock defeat in the previous year's final. In the 2014 Championship finals Éire Óg defeated Eoghan Ruadh in Healy Park to claim the club's 23rd Senior Championship, making the Carrickmore outfit the record holders of the Benburb Cup.
- In 1931 McGuinness became a founding member of the National Executive Board for Saor Éire, a far-left political organisation established in September 1931 by communist-leaning members of the Irish Republican Army (IRA), with the backing of the IRA leadership. After Saor Éire was not only denounced by the government but also members of the Catholic clergy, McGuinness tried to argue that as a "Sound Catholic" himself, his membership of both the IRA and Saor Éire proved that one could be a member of those organisations without compromising one's faith.
- On 18 November 2020, Boomerang UK and Ireland were split into two regions following the move of the Bomerang Éire broadcasting licence to the Czech Republic. Boomerang Éire is managed by HBO Europe specifically targeting EU countries the Republic of Ireland, Malta and Gibraltar.
- Born in Ennis, County Clare, Reidy developed his hurling skills at St. Flannan's College while playing at underage levels with the Éire Óg club. Reidy subsequently became a member of the Éire Óg senior team.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!