Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Democratic nominee Eric Massa defeated Republican incumbent Randy Kuhl, following his unsuccessful 2006 run against Kuhl.
- The Kuhl for whom Nicholas Aylward Vigors named the bird in 1824 was Heinrich Kuhl, a German ornithologist whose survey of the parrots, "Conspectus psittacorum", had appeared in 1819.
- McGee was instrumental in helping her longtime associate in the State Senate, Randy Kuhl, get elected to Congress in 2004. Kuhl had served as state senator in a neighboring district to McGee's.
- Stephan Kuhl (born 27 March 1968) is a German former badminton player. Kuhl competed in two events at the 1992 Summer Olympics.
- In 1859, he married Charlotte Justine Kuhl, a niece of Heinrich Kuhl. A widow, five sons and two daughters survived him.
- His main work "Die Reichsgründung" ("The Founding of the Reich", 2 vols. plus 1 vol. with documents) covers the origins of the modern German national movement and the founding of the Second Empire by Bismarck. The German historian Hans Herzfeld calls it "critical and reliable in its judgment" ("solide und kritisch zuverlässig im Urteil") and Herbert Helbig in Neue Deutsche Biographie "objective, deliberate and not without a critical attitude towards the problems of Bismarck's Empire" ("sachlich, kühl und nicht ohne kritische Einstellung zu der inneren Problematik des Bismarckreiches").
- After the Communist take-over in Poland after the war, Kühl, Ładoś, Ryniewicz and Rokicki left the foreign service and remained in Switzerland. All but Rokicki, tried a business activity together. Ładoś and Kühl were also believed to be politically linked to the Polish Peasant Party, the only non-Communist opposition allowed between 1945 and 1947. After the fiasco of their business they split and migrated to different countries. Later on Kühl would often come back to Switzerland for business trips.
- The Kyl21 name is a mash-up of the Norwegian word for molecule "molekyl", and the age (21+) of Marx's intended popsicle audience (Kyl is pronounced "kühl", IPA: [...], the German word for "cool").
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!