|NOUN || a Kuiper belt object | Kuiper belt objects |
|SYNO ||KBO | Kuiper belt object|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- As of January 2019, only one classical Kuiper belt object has been observed up close by spacecraft.
- The binary Kuiper belt object 385446 Manwë is suspected to have once been a hierarchical triple system similar to Lempo, but the orbit of its inner binary evolved by tides and became a contact binary.
- " is a non-resonant classical Kuiper belt object (cubewano) of the so-called hot population, which have higher inclinations than those of the cold population.
- 19521 Chaos is a cubewano, a Kuiper-belt object not in resonance with any planet.
- Makemake is currently visually the second-brightest Kuiper belt object after Pluto, having a March opposition apparent magnitude of 17.0 it will pass from its present constellation Coma Berenices to Boötes in December 2027.
- , a resonant Kuiper belt object at the Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory, Chile.
- Signs of past warming of the Kuiper belt object Quaoar have led scientists to speculate that it exhibited cryovolcanism in the past.
- In December 2004, Luu and Jewitt reported the discovery of crystalline water ice on Quaoar, which was at the time the largest known Kuiper Belt object.
- This survey discovered one new large Kuiper Belt Object (KBO) and detected six others.
- In 2023, it was discovered that the dwarf planet and Kuiper belt object Quaoar has a widely-separated ring.
- The reflectance spectrum of Orcus shows the deepest water-ice absorption bands of any Kuiper belt object that is not associated with the Haumea collisional family.
- Dual redundant 12-watt TWTAs were mounted on the body under the dish of the New Horizons spacecraft, which visited Pluto in 2015, then Kuiper belt object 486958 Arrokoth in 2019 to return data at a distance of 43.4 AU from the Sun.
- The minor planet number 20000 was particularly chosen to commemorate Varuna's large size, being the largest classical Kuiper belt object known at that time and was believed to be as large as Ceres.
- This depends on a suitable Kuiper belt object being found or confirmed close enough to the spacecraft's current trajectory.
- Elliot, who was also involved in the naming of Kuiper belt object 38083 Rhadamanthus.
- In March 2018, following a naming competition, the Kuiper belt object 486958 Arrokoth, a fly-by target of the NASA probe "New Horizons", was nicknamed "Ultima Thule".
- The scientists discover the tragic conclusion of the kerack life cycle almost too late to save Merlene; when a kerack colony accumulated a large enough stockpile the queen would instinctively arrange it in such a way as to trigger a nuclear explosion, blasting kerack spores off of the Kuiper belt object to colonize other objects in the belt.
- In this scenario, Triton is the surviving member of a binary Kuiper belt object [...] disrupted by its encounter with Neptune.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!