|SYNO ||Lallans | Scottish Lallans|
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- His "Scott and Scotland" advanced the claim that Scotland can create a national literature only by writing in English, an opinion that placed him in direct opposition to the Lallans movement of Hugh MacDiarmid.
- In addition to his literary career, McLellan saw active service during World War II, served as an elected councillor for the Isle of Arran, his adopted home after marriage, and was active variously in the League of Dramatists, the Society of Authors and the Lallans Society.
- His being named as Lineage Holder of Celtic Buddhism inspired the latest title in a rich output of haiku collections: Antlered Stag of Dawn (Onslaught Press, Oxford, 2015), haiku in Irish and English with translations into Japanese and Scots Lallans.
- This is also indicated in the Scots Gaelic and Lallans Scots origins of many of the area's placenames.
- He wrote poetry in literary Scots often referred to as Lallans (Lowlands dialect), and was a major figure of the Scottish Renaissance.
- His poetry is in both English and Scots, and he identified with the 'Lallans' movement, which sought to revive Scots as a serious literary medium.
- She is seen as a forerunner of a Scottish renaissance in inter-war poetry – her verse marks a departure from the Lallans tradition of Robert Burns towards that of Hugh MacDiarmid, Violet Jacob and others.
- During this period, he started to produce a body of short stories and poems written in his native Lallans tongue, developing a passion for Scots language dialect representation.
- In 2000 the Scots Spelling Committee report was published in Lallans.
- In 1972, Scott was one of the founders of the Lallans Society (later the Scots Language Society).
- In 1945, Miller changed his name to Ewan MacColl (influenced by the Lallans movement in Scotland) [...].
- It contained a number of ballads, and other anonymous verse; and translations from Latin and Gaelic. The introduction also makes the case for Lallans as a poetic language, "contra" Edwin Muir.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!