Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Jubilant celebrations broke out in Tahrir Square at the news.
- They remained there until 1902 when they were moved again to the current museum in Tahrir Square, built by the Italian company of Giuseppe Garozzo and Francesco Zaffrani to a design by the French architect Marcel Dourgnon.
- In Egypt, CS gas was reported to be the cause of death of several protesters in Mohamed Mahmoud Street near Tahrir square during the November 2011 protests.
- The character has also become a trend in Egypt at Cairo's Tahrir Square. "joke" presidential campaigns have been undertaken for SpongeBob in Egypt and Syria.
- It was recited by students at the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 and by protesters in Tahrir Square during the Egyptian revolution of 2011.
- Fouda supported the revolution from day one, and offered an uninterrupted coverage of the Tahrir Square protests.
- Syntagma Square in Athens, Tahrir Square in Cairo, Maidan Nezalezhnosti in Kyiv, and the Plaza de Catalunya in Barcelona were public spaces that transformed to an urban commons as people protested there to support their political statements.
- The Headquarters of the Arab League is located in Tahrir Square, near the downtown business district of Cairo.
- In 2011 when a documentary filmmaker and author of a prominent blog organized the video coverage of peaceful protests over the Internet via a short, nonsubscription messaging service, he was beaten on 22 April and again on 22 July, allegedly by individuals in civilian clothing linked to the security forces and by army officers as he attempted to videotape demonstrations in Tahrir Square for his blog.
- Egyptian activists have credited social networking sites with providing a platform for planning protest and sharing news from Tahrir Square in real time.
- The decision to try Mubarak was made days before a scheduled protest in Tahrir Square.
- During July 2013 at Tahrir Square, mobs assaulted and gang raped at least 46 women in 4 days.
- In the text, Noujaim disclosed her experiences and time spent in January 2011 at Tahrir Square.
- Music played a key role in mobilizing the 2011 protests at Tahrir Square against President Hosni Mubarak which led to the Egyptian revolution.
- Erdoğan was later honored in Tahrir Square by members of the Egyptian Revolution Youth Union, and members of the Turkish embassy were presented with a coat of arms in acknowledgment of the Prime Minister's support of the Egyptian Revolution.
- AUC was originally established in Tahrir Square in downtown Cairo.
- However, it was ignored by demonstrators who continued their sit-in in Tahrir Square.
- Tahir-ul Qadri announced the largest March in modern times in Pakistan; a march to take place on 14 January 2013 at 'Tahrir Square' Islamabad.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!