|NOUN || a toreador | toreadors |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Her subsequent Broadway productions include leading or featured roles in "Comes a Day", "A Mighty Man Is He", "A Shot in the Dark", "On an Open Road" and "The Waltz of the Toreadors".
- "The Waltz of the Toreadors" ("La Valse des toréadors") is a 1951 play by Jean Anouilh.
- Her other Broadway credits include "The Waltz of the Toreadors", "God's Favorite", "Teibele and Her Demon", "The Suicide", "Metamorphosis" and "The Show-Off".
- She appeared in "Waltz of the Toreadors" (1962) with Peter Sellers, and in the first colour episode "The Queen's Ransom" of "The Saint" TV show.
- She performed with Peter Sellers in "The Waltz of the Toreadors", and co-starred opposite Kirk Douglas in the 1953 romantic drama "Act of Love".
- It also appeared in the films "The Moonraker" (1958) and "Waltz of the Toreadors" (1962).
- The grating plays like "La Valse des toréadors" ("Waltz of the Toreadors") and "Le Réactionnaire amoureux" ("The Fighting Cock") are more bitterly funny, trading clever word play for a darker tone of disillusionment.
- The early part of 1956 saw the arrival of Anouilh's popular comedy, "The Waltz of the Toreadors", with impressive performances by Hugh Griffith and Beatrix Lehmann.
- For the same company, Guillermin made "Waltz of the Toreadors" (1962), based on a Jean Anouilh play, which reunited him with Sellers.
- Forbes and Richardson appeared on Broadway in Jean Anouilh's "The Waltz of the Toreadors" (1957).
- Anouilh later developed the characters of the General and his wife in "La Valse des toréadors" ("The Waltz of the Toreadors"), which opened at the Comédie des Champs-Elysées in January 1952.
- The issue of 18 August 1962 was the last to carry reviews with the last reviews being "Five Weeks in a Balloon", "Waltz of the Toreadors" and "Der Rosenkavalier" directed by Paul Czinner.
- Gilbert's biggest rivals are the nearby Boone Toreadors, Roland-Story Norsemen, Nevada Cubs and Ballard Bombers.
- His stage work included "The Diary of a Nobody" (1954/5) and "Waltz of the Toreadors" (1956) in London's West End; and he made several appearances on Broadway.
- Rowe joined the Union Repertory Company (now the Melbourne Theatre Company) - in productions including Patrick White's, The Season at Sarsaparilla, Waltz of the Toreadors, Arms and the Man, Ghost Train; toured Australia with J.C.
- Their films "Waltz of the Toreadors" (1962) and "Tiger Bay" (1959) were BAFTA nominated and BAFTA winning; while "This Sporting Life" (1963) was Oscar nominated and BAFTA winning.
- It is widely believed that Gorsky interpolated the "Grand Pas des toréadors" from the 1881 Petipa/Minkus ballet "Zoraiya", a piece that is still included in modern productions of "Don Quixote". However, this piece was already in "Don Quixote" by the time Gorsky came to revive it as it was found published in the ballet score in 1882.
- Hewlett's theatre credits include Kitty in "Etta Jenks" and the Finborough Theatre with Chris O'Dowd, Daniela Nardini and Clarke Peters, directed by Che Walker; Ginny in "Relatively Speaking" with Peter Bowles; "The Waltz of the Toreadors" at Chichester Festival Theatre directed by Angus Jackson; and "Donny's Brain" by Rona Munro at Hampstead Theatre opposite Ryan Early.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!