Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- I was reading about all these other records that I was getting excited about – like Public Enemy using a sampler in the studio – and I just decided I wanted to do a bit of a U-turn."
- Walker said: "If the vehicle was perceived as a threat, it would have been fired on before it did a U-turn.
- She was pulled over by Nassau Bay police officer Henry Hughes for allegedly making an illegal U-turn and arrested after Hughes learned of an outstanding warrant on Jemison for a speeding ticket.
- The Interstate 75 interchange allows motorists to more easily enter I-75 North from Moraine and also allows Moraine's neighbor city, West Carrollton, to enter I-75 South without having to first enter the Moraine and then execute a U-turn.
- Companies based in Woburn include Boston Acoustics, Kaspersky Lab USA, Monotype, Skyworks Solutions, and U-Turn Audio.
- The wide brick main street, Santa Fe Avenue, was built wide enough for an oxen team to be able to make a U-turn.
- It is named for its location at the horseshoe-shaped U-turn of the Payette River, whose flow direction changes from south to north before heading west to the Black Canyon Reservoir.
- ... to the north being the other two), it is also the location of Florida's first superstreet intersection—also known as a "restricted-crossing U-turn intersection"—at Crosstown Parkway and Floresta Drive.
- Through the city limits of Somerset, Highway 27 stems into a three-lane road with u-turn and left turn options at each stoplight.
- Gateway East and Gateway West are notable, in particular, for the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT)'s liberal usage of the Texas U-turn at most underpasses of I-10 on this stretch.
- and gunfire erupted from the outlaw car, which made a quick U-turn and sped away.
- The preceding Social Democratic government had, as part of an emergency economic crisis package in the autumn of 1990, done a sudden U-turn, abandoned its previous opposition and in the summer of 1991 submitted a formal application for membership in the EU.
- According to videos, one interceptor exploded just after launch and another did a "U turn" midair toward Riyadh.
- According to James Hughes, Kadyrov's U-turn may have been motivated partly by personal ambition and partly by a concern with the desperate condition of the Chechen population, and was also driven by a fear of the growing sectarian Wahhabi influence on the insurgency.
- A Michigan left or P-turn is an at-grade intersection design that replaces each left (farside) turn at an intersection between a (major) divided roadway and a secondary (minor) roadway with the combination of a right (nearside) turn followed by a U-turn, or a U-turn followed by a right (nearside) turn, depending on the situation.
- Peel's U-turn cost him the trust of many Tories: according to Norman Gash, Peel had been "the idolized champion of the Protestant party; that party now regarded him as an outcast".
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!