Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The chosen governors of these provinces were empowered to act in place of the monarch (hence "ex-" "outside", "arch" "ruler") with more discretion and autonomy than was granted other categories of governor.
- They also act in place of the governor-general if one has not been appointed or if the appointee is unable to perform their duties.
- however, some colleges accept the ACT in place of the SAT subject tests and some accept the optional ACT Writing section in place of an SAT Subject Test.
- In government, a vice president is a person whose primary responsibility is to act in place of the president on the event of the president's death, resignation or incapacity.
- As he was unfit for the military service, he could act in place of his drafted professor Rothacker in 1940 in Bonn.
- While serving as secretary and executive officer of the Board of Agriculture and Forestry in 1904, he was appointed to act in place of president Lorrin A.
- Schools also varied with regard to their SAT Subject Test requirements of students submitting scores for the ACT in place of the SAT: some schools considered the ACT an alternative to both the SAT and some SAT Subject Tests, whereas others accepted the ACT but required SAT Subject Tests as well.
- The Union government is contemplating bringing a new act in place of the River Boards Act, 1956 which is presently purely an advisory body of the union government.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!