|VERB || to agonise | agonised | agonised|
agonising | agonises
|SYNO ||agonising | agonizing | excruciating | ...|
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- They then to contest the Leinster Junior Hurling Final, his team suffering an agonising defeat at the hands of a swarthy Tullagher-Rosbercon of Kilkenny.
- Muscarine mimics the action of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine by agonising muscarinic acetylcholine receptors.
- He would still be there in his famous no 6 jersey when Laois suffered another agonising defeat in the 1959 Leinster Football Final.
- The cup campaigns brought little joy, with a 3rd round League Cup defeat to Motherwell and an agonising quarter-final Scottish Cup defeat to Celtic who scored twice in the last minute to win 2–1.
- The Doctor faces an agonising choice: should he continue with his quest to gather the segments of the Key to Time, or prevent the rebirth of a being so powerful that its release will alter the entire fabric of the universe?
- Synopsis: A mother is separated from her daughter and experiences agonising panic as she searches for her, whilst the child discovers a surreal wonderland.
- After Nigeria exited from the round of sixteen with an agonising defeat to Tunisia, he returned to his position as the Technical Director of the side.
- From there, Strebotnik played "all in" tennis and won the match, in what was an agonising result for Asagoe.
- ” Like many Middle English poets working with older material, he shows a preference to reduce moral ambiguity and to avoid any great agonising over love.
- During the 2012 London Olympics, Waterfield and Daley achieved an agonising 4th-placed finish in the 10 m synchro diving competition after dropping their 4th dive.
- Prior to the 2018 local elections, the Liberty Korea Party (LKP) was agonising over preselection for Busan mayorship.
- "Bad Moon" explores how mental illness may have driven a girl to jump from a building. It was largely filmed late at night which disrupted actor Lam Lei's circadian rhythm and was agonising for him.
- Lyu's season was marred by technical issues, and some agonising losses.
- In his lectures and writings he points out that wolves cause serious damage to wildlife and that they cause great suffering to wild ungulates such as white-tailed deer, elk, and bison by condemning them to a slow, agonising death when they are torn.
- In a remarkable end to the season Birmingham missed out on the title by 1 goal in an agonising game v Notts County.
- "Man of the Hour" is an opus in which the individuals who are part of our society search for the glory of the moment and for a piece of memory that will create a personal and national identity in an ongoing journey from an agonising cry to peaceful serenity.
- Fox booted 97 goals in the 1989 season, including six in the Tigers grand final loss to North Hobart to leave him an agonising three goals short of the ton.
- He competed at Mexico City 1968 Olympics, where he and Carl Ryves sailed their Flying Dutchman class boat into fourth place, an agonising 0.7 points off a medal.
- On 22 October 1702 he died in Paris of a botched kidney-stone surgery; Guy died in agonising pain, which he endured with great courage.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!