|SYNO ||agonizingly | excruciatingly | torturously|
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Left alone in a waterless world, Magdapio agonizingly trekked to the upper region of the arid riverbed.
- Despite this, he was unable to lead the Huskers to a national title, falling agonizingly short in each of his three seasons.
- Fairleigh played a total of 193 games for Norths and played in 3 of their 4 preliminary final losses during the 1990s as the club fell agonizingly short of a grand final appearance.
- In 2011 after years of coming agonizingly close The Comets had secured promotion after a stunning come from behind 2–1 victory over contenders Enfield City Falcons on the last day of regular season at Rushworth Reserve, clinching the Premier League Title.
- She is subsequently partnered with new recruit Nax of the Naidroth Collective, a fellow surgeon with a unique gift that she calls "psychic vivisection" – the ability to pull bodies apart and put them back together again, which is agonizingly painful for those not sedated.
- Seve Ballesteros wins his second U.S. Masters, and is inspirational as a youthful European side come agonizingly close to defeating the United States in the Ryder Cup.
- In 2018 Rohan Smith was recruited to be the Head Coach of the club. In 2019 he led the Devils to the finals, with the team falling agonizingly short of progressing past the first round.
- Ireland's competition ended once more in the second round when they lost agonizingly to Spain in a penalty shoot-out after the game had finished 1–1.
- The season saw Real Madrid win the domestic double and get agonizingly close to clinching its first ever treble (similarly to the 1957–58 season), only to be defeated by Benfica in an exhilarating European Cup final.
- Family life, with all its joys and sorrows, is put on public display and for discussion which is always agonizingly painful and embarrassing ...
- A year later they agonizingly lost the league title on a dramatic last day – falling out to Dynamos on goal difference.
- "Rolling Stone" contributing editor Rob Sheffield finds "Pocahontas" to be "an agonizingly lonely ballad."
- The daily drama explores the true meaning of family and love, as a wife who considers herself a "good woman" agonizingly finds out about her husband's 6-year-long affair.
- A performance of the work in March 1941 in the Sing-Akademie zu Berlin caused a scandal, with only twenty spectators remaining in the hall by the end and critic Fritz Stege condemning Leifs' "agonizingly narrow-minded intellectual world".
- Clark Douglas of DVD Verdict called the film "a genuinely wretched affair" and "agonizingly long".
- The group played some fantastic football along the way and agonizingly missed out on promotion but the future looks very bright for this squad.
- Yang Zhichao ([...]; born 1963) is a multi-disciplinary artist who is known for his agonizingly painful performance pieces.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!