Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The strike is usually delivered by the ball of the foot for a forward kick or the top of the toes for an upward kick.
- "Hi-Lo" arrangements are also available, which usually have three larger wheels and one smaller wheel under the ball of the foot, allowing a lower and shorter overall frame design.
- In martial arts implying either barefooted combat or very light footwear, the strike is usually delivered by using ball of the foot (while pointing the foot toward the target area and keeping toes up to prevent injury) or by heel.
- Polish Hussar Boots were used in the 17th century. They came in mostly yellow, gold, or maize coloring. They had a high heel and also allows for the ball of the foot to rest naturally on the ground.
- A metatarsophalangeal joint sprain is an injury to the connective tissue between the foot and a toe (at a metatarsophalangeal joint, one of the joints in the ball of the foot).
- Some shoes have also spikes at the heel but mostly spikes are positioned under the ball of the foot.
- To perform a pivot, the marcher pivots between directions over the ball of the foot on the last count instead of using a prep step.
- Horizontally, the seat should be set in order for the front of the knee to be directly in vertical line with the ball of the foot when the pedal is pointing forward.
- Short track blades are fixed to the boot in at the heel and immediately behind the ball of the foot.
- Leg strikes are a physical strike using the ball of the foot, heel, shin, knee or thigh (the latter is also known as a knee strike).
- An important characteristic of rumba is the powerful and direct lead achieved through the ball of the foot.
- The weight is virtually all on the back (right) foot with the front (left) foot touching the ground with the ball of the foot.
- It is helpful to support the ball of the foot at least somewhat to put some tension in the Achilles tendon, but don’t completely dorsiflex the ankle.
- The "sweet spot" of the blade is below the ball of the foot.
- Plastic allows for a laterally stiffer boot while still allowing freedom of flex at the ball of the foot through the use of bellows.
- While the core principles (at least with regard to transmission of body weight into punches) of turning on the heel remain in Wado, as it is the fastest way to push the hips in the direction of attack, the progression to the ball of the foot is a hallmark of the style.
- In general, steps in all directions should be taken first with the ball of the foot in contact with the floor, and then with the heel lowering when the weight is fully transferred; however, some steps require that the heel remain lifted from the floor.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!