|NOUN || a bilby | bilbies |
|SYNO ||bilby | Macrotis lagotis | rabbit-eared bandicoot | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The bandicoot is a member of the order Peramelemorphia, and the word "bandicoot" is often used informally to refer to any peramelemorph, such as the bilby.
- The bilby lineage extends back 15 million years. In 2014 scientists found part of a 15-million-year-old fossilised jaw of a bilby which had shorter teeth that were probably used for eating forest fruit.
- Mammals include the echidna, brushtail possum, red kangaroo, eastern wallaroo and bilby.
- The mulga habitat is a refuge for the critical weight range mammals such as "Macrotis lagotis" (greater bilby), "Dasycercus cristicauda" (mulgara) and "dasyurids".
- The first documented use of the Easter Bilby concept was in March 1968 when a 9-year-old girl Rose-Marie Dusting, wrote a story, "Billy The Aussie Easter Bilby," which she published as a book 11 years later.
- The decline in numbers of the lesser bilby and ultimately its extinction was attributed to several different factors.
- Threatened species of fauna include the bilby ("Macrotis lagotis"), great desert skink ("Egernia kintorei"), marsupial mole ("Notoryctes sp."
- The park is also home to the Macrotis and Greater bilby.
- A genus known by a single species, "Crash bandicoot" is recognised as an early representative of a peramelid lineage that separated from the Chaeropodidae, a family represented by the modern pig-footed bandicoots "Chaeropus", and Thylacomyidae family of the extant bilby genus "Macrotis".
- Kaye co-wrote and illustrated the "Easter Bilby" picture book with Ali Garnett, which grew into a series of bilby picture books, including the sequel the "Easter Bilby's Secret" picture book.
- The "Bilby House" is an exhibit where guests can get up close with the critically endangered bilby marsupial animal. The exhibit is specifically designed for bilbies as it is a semi-nocturnal house.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!