|NOUN || a blind arcade | blind arcades |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- This combines elements of the Roman triumphal arch (arch-shaped passageways, half-columns) with the vernacular Teutonic heritage (baseless triangles of the blind arcade, polychromatic masonry).
- Ornate stone carvings of real and imaginary animals fill the spandrels between blind arcade that runs around all four sides of the church.
- On the first floor are double arcades with middle column and arch and a blind arcade under the crow-stepped gable.
- A Lombard band is a decorative blind arcade, usually located on the exterior of building.
- The two other vertical zones of the facades feature large panels of "sebka" motifs, each of which springs from a blind arcade of polylobed arches supported on marble columns.
- 10 years on from his DJ return, in 2014 he unveiled his new multi-media label Super Weird Substance, releasing the “Blind Arcade Meets Super Weird Substance in the Morphogenetic Field” mixtape before following it up with a series of 5 Super Weird Happenings in different locations across the UK.
- This room has an impressive blind arcade on its west and south sides, with a stone bench beneath.
- It is a natural development of the blind arcade and consists of an arcaded gallery, usually just below the roof, recessed into the thickness of the walls.
- Beneath the central rose window is a blind arcade, and the main doorway below is topped with a gable with two roundels on either side.
- The facade is asymmetrical, with the top two stories tied together by a blind arcade incorporating Romanesque arches with exaggerated keystones and pilasters surmounted by composite capitals.
- The font is one of Norman table-top type: it has a circular basin, hollowed in a square block decorated with blind arcade set on a round ornamented shaft.
- A blind arcade or blank arcade is an arcade (a series of arches) that has no actual openings and that is applied to the surface of a wall as a decorative element: i.e., the arches are not windows or openings but are part of the masonry face.
- A related but ambiguous term is [...] , which is either a small arcade or a blind arcade.
- Canton Viaduct is a blind arcade cavity wall railroad viaduct in Canton, Massachusetts, built in 1834–35 for the Boston and Providence Railroad (B&P).
- The rotunda is flanked by segmental single story narrow wings (appearing as a blind arcade) linking, in the palladian fashion, to two terminating pavilions; these segmental wings are broken at their centre by projecting bays which house the Smoking Room and the Pompeian Room, both later 19th century additions.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!