Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Each window is inside a blind arch which spans the whole side.
- On the ground level, a channelled blind arch frames a large memorial sculpture of 1844 by Alexander Handyside Ritchie: this depicts David Dickson blessing children.
- A blind arch is an arch found in the wall of a building that has been infilled with solid construction and so cannot serve as a passageway, door or window.
- The minaret was decorated with blind arch motifs around its windows (which once provided light to the stairway inside), though much of this decoration is no longer evident today due to the later whitewashing of its surface.
- In the center of the northern wall of the interior of the Golden Hall was a blind arch – where the king stood – with a traditional geometric pattern imitating the latticework of the mihrab façade of the Mosque of Córdoba, the building which it sought to emulate.
- It is a stonework construction with three arches of equal size and a smaller blind arch.
- For example, the windows, the vaults of the upper parts of the building, and the blind arch decoration on the west façade are typically pointed.
- These arcades are highly asymmetrical as mentioned above: the left wing has eleven arches (including a blind arch located under the corner turret) while the right wing has only six.
- On the north wing's east facade, windows have been added to the previously blind arch portion to provide illumination for the second story.
- A plaque that the Sons of Confederate Veterans placed within a blind arch near a corner of a prominent hotel that stood on the former site of the Marshall House commemorated Jackson's role in the affair for many years.
- They are generally framed by an ornate blind arch with marble columns on the sides and arabesque carvings in the spandrels.
- A blind arch is an arch infilled with solid construction so it cannot function as a window, door, or passageway.
- A variant, in which the motif is enclosed within a relieving blind arch that unifies the motif, is not Palladian, though Burlington seems to have assumed it was so, in using a drawing in his possession showing three such features in a plain wall (see illustration of Claydon House right).
- Adam Goodheart further discussed the incident and the plaque (which was then within a blind arch near a corner of a Hotel Monaco) in his 2011 book "1861: The Civil War Awakening".
- The two shipping holes are enclosed in an elliptical blind arch.
- Below the west window are three narrow windows set in the same wood as the arch; the east side has two arched double-hung windows beneath the blind arch with a third such window to the north and a single-paned diamond-glass window to the south.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!