|NOUN || a blind curve | blind curves |
|SYNO ||blind bend | blind curve|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The bonding and emerging friendship between the two men is cut short when, spurred on by an enlivened Roberto, Bruno attempts to overtake another car on the blind curve of a cliffside road.
- Two Reading Railroad passenger steam trains collided head-on on a blind curve.
- As he neared a blind curve just past Camp Hill Station, the train was travelling slightly downhill.
- The distance required for a train to stop is usually greater than the distance that can be seen before the next blind curve, which is why signals and safeworking systems are so important.
- Because of a blind curve caused by Stoney Points rock formations, train operators would sound the whistle as they approached the bend.
- The 1st Massachusetts Cavalry was trapped in a blind curve on the Snicker's Gap Turnpike and was destroyed, losing 198 of 294 men in the eight companies that were engaged.
- The Lotus of Bruce Halford came next into the blind curve and became part of the wreck.
- A blind curve is similar to a blind corner, but the view is obstructed because the road is curved.
- At a blind curve, the two trains collided, resulting in a boiler explosion and telescoping of the first cars on the Providence-bound excursion.
- Two passenger trains, heading toward each other on a single track, collided on a blind curve.
- A third trolley was unable to stop in time while approaching around a blind curve; it slammed into the first two trolleys, causing injuries, but no deaths.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!