|NOUN || the Cactus State | - |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The Cactus wren ("Campylorhynchus brunneicapillus") was designated the state bird of Arizona in 1931.
- In Petersen's first season in 2014, Washington went 8–6 and lost in the Cactus Bowl to Oklahoma State.
- The Cactus Bowl (formerly called the Buffalo Wild Wings, Insight and Copper Bowl) moved to Sun Devil Stadium from Chase Field in 2006, after the Fiesta Bowl relocated to the newly opened State Farm Stadium in Glendale.
- Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument is a U.S. national monument and UNESCO biosphere reserve located in extreme southern Arizona that shares a border with the Mexican state of Sonora.
- The state religion of the Mexica civilization awaited the fulfillment of an ancient prophecy: the wandering tribes would find the destined site for a great city whose location would be signaled by an eagle with a snake in its beak perched atop a cactus ("Opuntia"), which had grown from the heart of Copil.
- "Campylorhynchus brunneicapillus couesi", a subspecies of the Cactus wren, is named after him and is specifically the state bird of Arizona, recognizing Coues' contributions to natural surveys of early Arizona.
- Imigrante calls itself, "Terra do Cactos", or Land of the Cactus.
- It is named for the Dildo Cactus ("Acanthocereus tetragonus"), a native species.
- The northernmost edges reach across the international border into Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument and Cabeza Prieta National Wildlife Refuge in southwestern Arizona, United States.
- It is the closest community to Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument.
- The northern reaches of the plain is crossed by the Bouse Wash west of Bouse and extends on to east of Parker, terminating along the Cactus Plain south of the Buckskin Mountains.
- Bassist Eben D'Amico said the track was originally titled "Cactus Stomp" before it had any lyrics.
- The canyon has steep and vertical sides that rise to up to 1000 meters from the river below with mostly tropical rainforest but some areas with xerophile vegetation such as cactus can be found.
- The grant fund was set up to prevent any more major league teams from migrating to the Cactus League in Arizona for Spring training.
- It is being removed and replaced with traditional mud plaster incorporating pulp from the prickly pear cactus.
- The church bell tower includes an old bell gable topped by merlons is the form of cactus typical of the region.
- For official tournaments, prizes are provided by Cactus Game Design and they generally include Redemption booster packs and Tournament Promotional Cards.
- For this reason, neither the medium ground finch nor the cactus finch has stayed morphologically the same over the course of the experiment.
- The name derives from Náhuatl meaning "on nopal (paddle cactus) hill".
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!