|NOUN || a café owner | café owners |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Ariel Zevon is a singer-songwriter and former café owner in Vermont.
- In 1989, Ronald Peters, a café owner in Franklin, was alleged to be the principal bookmaker for baseball player Pete Rose.
- It is believed to be named after an Italian café owner in Paris in the 18th century.
- He reached prominence playing Brian Johnson in CITV's "My Parents Are Aliens" (episodes of which he also wrote) and Michael, the café owner in Jack Dee's BBC sitcom "Lead Balloon".
- The story of Jasmin Münchgstettner and the Café owner Brenda was an international hit.
- This included the town's café owner Vincent, who also happened to be gay.
- Helen Michael, a café owner in North Finchley who had actively opposed Coleman's policy on parking charges, saw him park his car in a loading bay opposite her café.
- She became a household name in 1985, as Sue Osman in the BBC serial "EastEnders". She played the long-suffering wife of highly-strung cafe owner and mini-cab boss Ali Osman (Nejdet Salih). During her four years in the series, her character contended with cot death, infidelity and finally insanity. Off-screen Ratcliff was struggling with a publicised heroin addiction, and she was written out of the show in 1989.
- The name was also given to the French Cafe owner and war hero René Artois in popular British TV series 'Allo 'Allo.
- Alma takes over "Jim's Café" after they divorce in 1982.
- One evening Smith argues with mother superior who asks why he buys food when they need bricks. He accuses her of being like Hitler. He disappears for a few days. He rematerialises with a hangover and a jazzy shirt, but the nuns are happy to see him. The locals start to contribute materials. However they just watch him building rather than helping. They call him the "Americano". Then, starting with Juan, the cafe owner, they start to help. Things start to go wrong as no-one is in overall charge. Smith is put in charge and also starts organising the nuns to make their own adobe bricks to save money.
- Gyung-hee is secretly happy when a magazine personality tests says she and Ji-hwan are good match. However, the cafe owner congratulates the other two on having found love and that hurts Gyung-hee so she fights with a confused Soo-in. They soon reconcile and runaway on a road trip with Ji-hwan.
- When they eventually arrive in North Africa, the platoon is assigned to guard a small town. Perry appropriates a cafe as his headquarters, much to the disgust of the pacifist owner, Rispoli (Peter Ustinov). He instructs the men to respect the cafe owner and the men form a bond after playing darts and allowing Rispoli to join in. When the Germans attack, Perry and his men fiercely defend their positions, aided by Rispoli.
- David Neilson (born 13 March 1949) is an English actor. He is best known for his role as cafe owner Roy Cropper in the long running ITV soap opera "Coronation Street", which he has played since 1995.
- Gabin was born Jean-Alexis Moncorgé in Paris, the son of Madeleine Petit and Ferdinand Moncorgé, a cafe owner and cabaret entertainer whose stage name was Gabin, which is a first name in French. He grew up in the village of Mériel in the Seine-et-Oise (now Val-d'Oise) département, about 22 mi (35 km) north of Paris. He attended the Lycée Janson de Sailly. Gabin left school early, and worked as a laborer until the age of 19 when he entered show business with a bit part in a Folies Bergères production. He continued performing in a variety of minor roles before going into the military.
- Intending to look up an old friend, Dan learns from cafe owner Paule Manet that the friend was murdered by criminals due to unpaid debts. British jockey George Gardner is able to find Dan gainful employment at the racetrack, while Joe persuades his dad that a new horse of theirs called Gilford would make a fine steeplechase racer. Dan disappoints his son by winning money on a fixed race that involved George.
- Roy Heather (20 May 1935 – 3 September 2014) was an English television actor best remembered for playing cafe owner Sid in the sitcom "Only Fools and Horses".
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!