Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- After his arrival to Africa, Bradburne told a Franciscan priest that he had three wishes: to help the victims of leprosy, to die a martyr, and to be buried in the Franciscan habit.
- Another promise, that he would merit to die a martyr's death sanctifying God's Name like Rabbi Shlomo Molcho had merited, did not transpire for an unspecified reason.
- Not satisfied with Balach's loyalty, Jalal commands that Balach himself will drive the car and die a martyr, or else his family will be killed.
- Matt Maeson (born January 17, 1993) Maeson's uncle, who was a part of the same ministry, was murdered. Maeson's forearm tattoos "Born a sinner" and "Die a martyr" are inspired by his uncle's legacy.
- The police reported finding a testament tape where Louis-Sidney claimed to wish to "die a martyr". Paris prosecutor François Molins cited Louis-Sidney as an example of "rapid radicalisation".
- Symon (Stefan the First-Crowned) and his successor, Gavrilo I (1648–1655) who, like Jovan Kantul, would die a martyr's death while in Turkish captivity in Bursa in 1659.
- For her role as Yang Guizhen in "Eight Women Die a Martyr" (1987), Yue won the Xiaobaihua Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- Yassin gave approval for her to die a martyr to atone for her sin of adultery.
- During the 2011 Libyan civil war, the sculpture was frequently noted in media coverage of televised speeches given by Gaddafi on 22 February and 20 March 2011, in which he vowed to "die a martyr" to prevent anti-government rebels prevailing.
- On 30 November 2007, Dawnstar released their first EP, Change The World, including three songs: the title track "Change The World", "Scarlet" and "Don't Die A Martyr For Me".
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!