|VERB || to die down | died down | died down|
dying down | dies down
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- From the late 1890s on the logging industry died down, the last log going down the saint Croix log mill in 1914.
- Local patriotism died down however during the American occupation of the Philippines and the Japanese era.
- However, the coalition talks died down after Governor General Michaëlle Jean prorogued parliament in December 2008 at Harper's request.
- The Emperor refused to escalate the situation and the indignation eventually died down.
- The furore died down after a number of weeks, but is still remembered.
- Their rivalry died down when Capirossi stopped consistently battling for podiums and eventually retired from MotoGP racing completely in 2011.
- Latin American scholars Cynthia McClintock and Fabián Vallas note that the issue appeared to have died down among Peruvians after the Japanese government announced in 2000 that "Fujimori's parents had registered his birth in the Japanese consulate in Lima".
- Subsequent to her appointment, she reaffirmed her commitment to federalism and the issue died down.
- As "gold fever" died down, Sonora's size and population steadily decreased over the years.
- After the immediate rush for building work caused by war damage had died down, Scott put a new roof on the Guildhall in the City of London and designed modernistic brick offices for the Corporation just to the north.
- After an exhausting struggle with St Botolph, the Devil was breathing so heavily that the wind has not yet died down.
- After fighting had died down, a few months were needed before attention could be given to institutional matters.
- In other parts of Europe, the practice died down later.
- As the fighting south of Fredericksburg died down, the air was filled with the screams of hundreds of wounded men and horses. Dry sage grass around them caught fire and burned many men alive.
- The controversy eventually died down, but Clara Schumann remained steadfast in her disapproval of the New German School's music during her lifetime.
- At the same time, the long series of Xhosa Wars fought between the Xhosa people in the east and the government of the Cape Colony as well as Boer settlers finally died down when the Xhosa took part in a mass destruction of their own crops and cattle, in the belief that this would cause their ancestors to wake from the dead.
- The fighting died down at 22:00.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!