|NOUN || dystocia | dystocias |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Wood's screw maneuver is practiced in obstetrics when dealing with shoulder dystocia – a condition in which the fetal shoulders cannot easily pass through the vagina.
- Angus cattle can also be used in crossbreeding to reduce the likelihood of dystocia (difficult calving), and because of their dominant polled gene, they can be used to crossbreed to create polled calves.
- Angus bulls are also mated with Hereford s in an attempt to produce smaller calves and reduce dystocia during birth.
- Shoulder dystocia occurs in about 0.15% to 4% of term vaginal births.
- Shoulder dystocia occurs when the infant's shoulder becomes impacted on the mother's pubic symphysis during birth.
- The most common cause of Erb's palsy is dystocia, an abnormal or difficult childbirth or labor.
- For example, a Belgian Blue bovine with a mutation that inhibits myostatin production will exhibit a dramatic increase in muscle mass but will also lead to dystocia.
- The baby suffered from severe disabilities after birth due to shoulder dystocia.
- Common complications of childbirth that relate to the baby include breech presentation, shoulder dystocia, infection, and umbilical cord wrapped around the baby's neck (nuchal cord).
- Rubin's I and II maneuvers, rotational maneuver to deliver the baby in case of shoulder dystocia.
- Cervical dystocia, or stenosis, occurs when the cervix fails to dilate after a practical amount of time during positive uterine pains.
- A cephalotribe was a medical instrument used in obstetrics to crush the skull of stillborn fetuses (cephalotripsy). It was used in cases of obstructed labor (dystocia) to aid delivery.
- Gestation length is an indicator of the probability of dystocia.
- Difficult labor, also known as dystocia or obstructed labor, occurs when the child cannot easily pass through the birth canal.
- The long white wool fleece weighs 4-7 kilos, is about 130 mm long and averages about 30 microns The Gromark breed is hardy with a low incidence of fly strike and dystocia.
- Women whose height is under [...] may have a small pelvis, resulting in such complications during childbirth as shoulder dystocia.
- The word "dystocia" means 'difficult labour'. Its antonym is "eutocia" ([...] + [...]) 'easy labour'.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!