|VERB || to err | erred | erred|
erring | errs
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The fairy says she cannot change the boy's character, but she can give him advice and correct him when he errs.
- Note* The Dictionary of Welsh Biography errs in citing a Margaret Williams as David's mother. Jane Jones is generally recognized as David's mother.
- And then he is beautifully nimble as he finds his ace card and turns upon his relentless harassers…” However, Crowther errs in stating that “it's the only item of the lot in which the slight accident of manumission from matrimony is permitted to stand.” He overlooks Hector Woodruff's burning the letter and saying nothing to his wife.
- The article also errs in identifying his mother, who actually was his father's second wife, Alix, daughter of Reginald of Burgundy.
- In addition to lexical and historical differences, moderationism holds that prohibitionism errs by confusing the Christian virtues of temperance and moderation with abstinence and prohibition and by locating the evil in the object that is abused rather than in the heart and deeds of the abuser.
- Wade" errs by purporting that their interpreted "truth of the law" should be more important than "the rule of law" and that thereby, the originalist position does not reach the standard needed to justify overruling the opinion.
- ... users can easily figure out how to do basic things and errs on the side of providing too little information").
- A reviewer from the Deccan Chronicle gave a more favourable report, citing "the director has made a good attempt with a novel idea and even sends out a strong message", but "where he errs is in its execution" and adds had "he concentrated on an interesting screenplay with few more meaningful dialogues, the film would have been an engaging fare".
- This account errs in that "Speed" and "Heed" appear under the heads of Electricity and Poetry, and the "statue of Pan" is actually a zinc copy of Bertel Thorvaldsen's "Mercury About to Kill Argos" created by the J.W.
- Vasari errs in stating that he was a nephew of Taddeo Bartoli.
- But Knapp's History errs in attributing the original village of "Mohican John's Town" (which was recorded in 1764 to be on the immediate 'east' side of the Black Fork) to be the same native village as Jerometown (which was consistently recorded to be on the near 'western' side of the Jerome Fork).
- However, occasional small irregularities may occur, and the table below errs on the side of under-generalization.
- George Varga of "JazzTimes" noted "This hit-or-miss quality is present throughout the album, which-despite its diverse lineup and lofty ambitions-too often errs on the side of caution and politeness, when risk-taking and surprise would have made this a recording truly worthy of Hancock's expansive skills and imagination".
- The asymptotic approximation errs on the side of caution by overestimating the standard error.
- Two major differences between UBIFS and JFFS2 are that UBIFS supports write caching, and UBIFS errs on the pessimistic side of free space calculation.
- And if there are not two men [...], then a man and two women from those whom you accept as witnesses – so that if one of them the women errs, then the other can remind her.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!