Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Canola was developed in Canada from rapeseed during the 1970s by Keith Downey and Baldur Stefansson and is used to produce oil that is low in erucic acid and glucosinolate.
- The oil quality profile includes a high percentage of erucic acid (40–45 %) making it highly desirable as a biofuel and for industrial applications such as production of plastics, lubricants, paints, leather tanning, soaps, and cosmetics.
- As the seed oil contains a high level of erucic acid it can have pathological effects on the cardiac muscle of several animal species.
- Typically it contains 1–3% erucic acid but several "Camelina Sativa" varieties with erucic acid content of less than 1% have been introduced.
- It is mainly cultivated due to the high levels of erucic acid that are contained in its seeds.
- Developed in Canada from rapeseed during the 1970s by Keith Downey and Baldur Stefansson it is used to produce oil that is low in erucic acid and glucosinolate and has become a major cash crop in North America.
- Erucic acid is a monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acid, denoted 22:1ω9.
- For example, biodiesel produced from low erucic acid varieties of canola seed (RME) starts to gel at approximately [...].
- High erucic acid content (>300g per kg of its total seed oil DM) makes the oil from landraces unsuitable for food purposes.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!