Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Transitional ballistics, also known as intermediate ballistics, is the study of a projectile's behavior from the time it leaves the muzzle until the pressure behind the projectile is equalized, so it lies between internal ballistics and external ballistics.
- The QuickLOAD interior ballistics predictor program also contains the external ballistics predictor computer program QuickTARGET.
- Army at Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland during World War II as the Chief of the External Ballistics Branch of the Ballistics Research Laboratory during which he directed a large volume of research in exterior ballistics which increased the effective firepower of bombs and projectiles.
- Shot loses its velocity very quickly due to its low sectional density and ballistic coefficient (see external ballistics).
- This improves external ballistics by streamlining the bullet, allowing it to cut through the air more easily, and improves terminal ballistics by allowing the bullet to act as a jacketed hollow point.
- Techniques relating to producing accurate ammunition are covered in internal and external ballistics, and handloading, and just like accurizing a firearm, the goal is to produce the most consistent possible results.
- For three years he was a research assistant under Gilbert Ames Bliss, an authority on the mathematical theory of external ballistics.
- A wax bullet is a non-lethal projectile made of wax material — often paraffin wax or some mixture of waxes and other substances that produce the desired consistency — that mimics the external ballistics but not the terminal effects of real bullets.
- External ballistics or exterior ballistics is the part of ballistics that deals with the behavior of a projectile in flight.
- The muzzle velocity and external ballistics were identical to the original towed ML-20 gun.
- The Magnus effect can also be found in advanced external ballistics.
- Point-blank range will vary by a weapon's external ballistics characteristics and the allowable error at the target; the flatter the bullet's trajectory or the larger the target, the longer the point-blank range will be.
- Etched glass reticles can have "floating" elements, which do not cross the reticle; circles and dots are common, and some types of glass reticles have complex sections designed for use in range estimation and bullet drop and drift compensation (see external ballistics).
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!