|NOUN1 || eye surgery [branch of medicine] | - |
|NOUN2 || an eye surgery [operation; doctor's office] | eye surgeries |
|SYNO ||eye operation | eye surgery|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The excimer laser, which made LASIK eye surgery possible, is a technology developed by Kansas State researchers.
- As his eyesight waned (it came and went, with a struggle between advancing age and advances in eye surgery), he increasingly focused on writing poetry, since he could memorize an entire work in progress.
- Reports circulated that his final years were lived in near-poverty and that he could not afford badly-needed eye surgery.
- Later, it was found that the same substance could be used in the production of scopolamine and hyoscyamine, which are used in eye surgery, and a multi-million dollar industry was built in Queensland based on this substance.
- In some states, optometrists may also be licensed to perform certain types of eye surgery.
- Tarkington underwent eye surgery in February 1929. In August 1930, he suffered a complete loss in his eyesight and was rushed from Maine to Baltimore for surgery on his right eye.
- The Orbis Flying Eye Hospital is a DC-10 adapted for eye surgery.
- The plot focuses on family struggles when the daughter and the second wife of a judge confront each other in the limited confines of a hospital room while the judge undergoes eye surgery.
- All proceeds from the festival are donated to underprivileged children who need glasses or eye surgery.
- He also underwent eye surgery in 1947 at a hospital in Paris, which proved to be unsuccessful.
- Despite the increasing popularity of contact lenses and laser corrective eye surgery, glasses remain very common, as their technology has improved.
- The Refractive Surgery division comprises mainly medical analysis devices and lasers required for eye surgery.
- Eye surgery, also known as ocular surgery, is surgery performed on the eye or its adnexa by an ophthalmologist.
- Surgical operations were performed by priests, specialized in medical treatments similar to today, The Greek Galen was one of the greatest surgeons of the ancient world and performed many audacious operations – including brain and eye surgery – that were not tried again for almost two millennia.
- Most of the foreign patients come for routine operations like plastic surgery, dental or eye surgery, and Beirut's hospitals are also capable of performing specialized procedures such as internal bypass surgery and other technical treatments.
- During his time at al-Farooq, there is a curious mention under Mushabib al-Hamlan's details that al-Nami had recently had laser eye surgery, an uncited fact that does not reappear.
- He did not learn to speak before the age of 11 and required eye surgery to remove cataracts, which left him with sufficiently poor eyesight to be classed as legally blind.
- Various refractive eye surgery techniques change the shape of the cornea in order to reduce the need for corrective lenses or otherwise improve the refractive state of the eye.
- He takes a temporary leave of absence in Season 6 to have eye surgery to correct a double vision problem.
- Elway had LASIK eye surgery and endorsed Icon LASIK in the Denver area in November 2008.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!