|NOUN || an eyestalk | eyestalks |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Several days before he started writing the episode, he received a call from Bernard Cribbins, who proposed a scene in which his character, Wilfred Mott, would fire a paintball pellet at a Dalek's eyestalk.
- Mystery snails possess structurally complex eyes at the tip of a cephalic eyestalk.
- A small depression serves for eye muscle attachment ventral to the eyestalk area.
- This problem has largely been eradicated with the advent of the "new series" version, as its remotely controlled dome and eyestalk allow the operator to concentrate on the smooth movement of the Dalek and its arms.
- Even in conditions where a given species will develop ovaries and spawn in captivity, use of eyestalk ablation was considered to increase total egg production and increased the percentage of females in a given population that participate in reproduction.
- "Teleopsis dalmanni" has been used as a study subject in experimental subject in studies on data processing in insect optic centers, as it is easy to record impulse activity in the eyestalk.
- Its eyestalk has been replaced with a conventional torch, which flashes when it speaks.
- Although hatcheries in the developing countries still depend on wild seed, maturation can be induced by eyestalk ablation technique where eyestalks of females are unilaterally ablated to stimulate endocrine activity.
- In the presence of potential threats (like humans), golden ghost crabs have been observed to only raise one eyestalk at a time, keeping the other one protected within its eye orbit.
- Even in conditions where a given species will develop ovaries and spawn in captivity, use of eyestalk ablation increases total egg production and increases the percentage of females in a given population that will participate in reproduction.
- Other noticeable differences include snakelike eyestalks or crustacean like eyestalk joints.
- Eyestalks of "R. telescopica" extend obliquely from the base of the head, unlike in congeners like "Richardia chocoensis" (with horizontal eyestalks).
- The external anatomy of the soft parts of this species is similar to that of the other members of the family; the animal has a long, extensible snout and thin eyestalks (also known as ommatophores), with well-developed lens eyes at the tips.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!