Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- In 2014, there was a controversy about whether an Oregon Covanta facility was burning aborted fetuses and other human body parts as part of its medical waste.
- Fetuses with Down syndrome are disproportionately affected by genetic pre-screening, as current statistics indicate that 50% of fetuses with Down syndrome are aborted.
- It is a relatively common ultrasound finding in fetuses and is three times more common in male fetuses.
- In Aldous Huxley's 1932 novel "Brave New World" (where all fetuses are gestated in vitro in a factory), lower caste fetuses are created by receiving alcohol transfusions (Bokanovsky Process) to reduce intelligence and height, thus conditioning them for simple, menial tasks.
- Fetuses exposed in utero to cigarette smoke are also known to have some distinct epigenetic differences from smoke-free cohorts.
- The main argument is, if there are social behaviours that are inherited and developed before birth, then one should expect twin fetuses to engage in some form of social interaction before they are born.
- During mid-gestation, the fetuses are protected as the virus can not pass the placenta.
- In the legislative findings section, the bill states that pain receptors (nociceptors) "are present throughout the unborn child's entire body", that "nerves link these receptors to the brain's thalamus and subcortical plate by no later than 20 weeks after fertilization", and that anesthesia is routinely administered to fetuses undergoing fetal surgery (thus supporting the conclusion that fetuses feel pain).
- Although 91% of fetuses affected by Down syndrome exhibit this defect, 5% of fetuses flagged by the test do not have Down syndrome.
- Selective reduction was developed in the mid-1980s, as people in the field of assisted reproductive technology became aware of the risks that multiple pregnancies carried for the mother and for the fetuses.
- In 2010 five human fetuses were found in the main crypt, when some workers were performing repairs on it.
- The fetuses resulted from pregnancies terminated by licensed physicians, clinics and hospitals who contracted with Medical Analytic Laboratories for pathology testing and disposal of the fetuses.
- The most common method of selective reduction—a procedure to reduce the number of fetuses in a multifetus pregnancy—is foeticide via a chemical injection into the selected fetus or fetuses.
- On May 18, 2012 a 28-year-old British citizen of Taiwanese origin, Chow Hok Kuen, was arrested in a Bangkok hotel room with six male fetuses that had been roasted and covered in gold.
- Macroscopic lesions have not been reported in pregnant dams; however, microscopic lesions have been seen in tissues of gilts killed after their fetuses were infected by transuterine inoculation of virus.
- The fetal prognosis is worse than the maternal prognosis; approximately 12% of fetuses affected by placental abruption die.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!