|NOUN || a freight car | freight cars |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Large freight car hump yards are located throughout the BNSF system.
- In 1904, Vollmer became a local hero when he leapt onto a runaway railroad freight car on Shattuck Avenue in downtown Berkeley and applied its brakes, preventing a disastrous collision with a passenger coach loaded with commuters at the Berkeley station.
- The Boardwalk Park Museum contains seven original historical buildings, including a train depot with caboose and freight car, schoolhouse and teacher's quarters, farmhouse with summer kitchen, and a beet shanty and prayer meeting house.
- The office is home to a regional office that is home to the divisions's top managers, a centralized yardmasters and train dispatchers center, a freight car light repair shop and a locomotive heavy repair facility in the city.
- The monument resembles a freight car with its doors open.
- The Pullman Freight Car Works was built in the 1900s decade on 103rd Street, and survives to this day as a distribution center for flat-rolled steel.
- Hunting is the wobbling movement of the trucks on a freight car or a locomotive.
- As early as 1842 the Western Railroad of Massachusetts was reported in the June 15 edition of the "Boston Traveler" to be experimenting with innovative freight car designs capable of carrying all types of perishable goods without spoilage.
- Freightliner Australia commenced operations using hired in GL class locomotives from Chicago Freight Car Leasing Australia (CFCLA).
- In 1882, several Midwestern families chartered a reconditioned freight car and left their homes in Le Mars, Iowa, to settle in the valley.
- spun off its freight car manufacturing interests as Pullman Transportation Company.
- Also, the wear a freight car or building undergoes depends not only on age but where it is used.
- The boxcar, while not the simplest freight car design, is considered one of the most versatile since it can carry most loads.
- "Konjak & nazister" ("Cognac and Nazis"), a song by Euskefeurat, tells the story of a sabotage on a German train in Abisko where they drill a hole in the bottom of a freight car to get to the large barrel of cognac there.
- In the 1960s, the Ortner Freight Car Company of Cincinnati, Ohio developed a triple-deck hog carrier for the Northern Pacific Railway based on the design of [...] long "hi-cube" boxcar called the "Big Pig Palace."
- By the start of 1946, the Pennsy's freight car ownership decreased to 240,293 cars [...] and in 1963, down to 140,535.
- From 1923 to 1991, Bethlehem Steel was one of the world's leading producers of railroad freight cars following their purchase of Midvale Steel, whose railcar division was located in Johnstown, Pennsylvania.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!