|NOUN || a gecko species | gecko species |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- He gave scientific names to several gecko species in the region.
- About 60% of gecko species have adhesive toe pads which allow them to adhere to most surfaces without the use of liquids or surface tension.
- "Ebenavia maintimainty" is a small nocturnal gecko species of the genus "Ebenavia" that is native to Madagascar.
- A native gecko species use the body as a hatchery, with eggs being laid beneath the skin.
- The number of New Zealand gecko species is not settled, with new ones being described.
- Among reptiles, many chameleon and gecko species occur here, as well as the Madagascar sideneck turtle and the critically endangered ploughshare tortoise.
- As with many gecko species, it has the ability to vocalize.
- Kuhl's flying gecko, like many other gecko species, has evolved intricate toe pads with microscopic hairs that can adhere to nearly any surface, including glass.
- In 2005, he described the gecko species "Gonatodes daudini" from Union Island, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines in collaboration with Robert W.
- Like many gecko species, "G. mutilata" is able to make noises to communicate. Its call, which sounds like "tock", is repeated six to eight times with increasing volume.
- The island is also home to endemic gecko species "Cyrtodactylus thochuensis".
- The Antilles leaf-toed gecko ("Hemidactylus palaichthus"), also known as the Maria Islands leaf-toed gecko or spiny gecko, is a gecko species found in northern South America and the Lesser Antilles.
- They can be very difficult to keep in captivity, being very nervous and reluctant to feed on anything but sympatric gecko species, but they are occasionally kept and bred successfully.
- The gecko species Hemiphyllodactylus huishuiensis was first discovered in, and named after Huishui. A locally distributed species of Gesneriaceae plants was only found in Huishui.
- "Pseudogekko" is a genus of rare gecko species, commonly known as false geckos. All 10 known species are found in the Philippines.
- In South Africa's rugged Richtersveld region, "Pachydactylus" geckos comprised 13 of 18 all gecko species surveyed.
- Many day gecko species are endangered today because an increasing percentage of their natural habitat, especially tropical forest, is being destroyed by human activity.
- The Open Bay Islands support several endemic species, including a terrestrial leech ("Hirudobdella antipodum"), an undescribed gecko species ("aff.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!