Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Special care has to be taken with the telescopic sight, because the front lens cannot be fully covered and is made of a highly reflective surface (normally polished glass) off which the glare of the sun can easily reflect, drawing attention to the sniper's position.
- They were mostly used to shield a lady's face against the glare of the sun or the fire.
- Captain Young of the "Ommaney" later reported that the kamikaze's approach was concealed by the blinding glare of the sun.
- If the sky is cloudy or the Moon is new (hidden close to the glare of the Sun), lunar distance observations could not be performed.
- The study concluded that eye black reduced glare of the sun and improved contrast sensitivity, whereas commercial anti-glare stickers and petroleum jelly (the control substance) were found to be ineffective.
- He was not able to observe it long enough as it was soon lost in the glare of the Sun.
- In the Fourth Test at Adelaide Tallon stumped Denis Compton, but the umpire gave him not out because "the glare of the sun suddenly became so intense that he was unable to see clearly the white line of the popping crease" and Compton made 147.
- In outdoor sports, the glare of the sun can be very intense due to the reflection of the sun from water and snow.
- Near the summer and winter solstices, Uranus's hemispheres lie alternately either in full glare of the Sun's rays or facing deep space.
- and was quickly approaching the glare of the Sun thus preventing further optical observations.
- The November 2020 Earth approach was expected be hidden by the glare of the Sun due to the asteroid's low solar elongation in that time.
- If they do exist, the vulcanoids could easily evade detection because they would be very small and near the bright glare of the Sun.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!