|NOUN || a gold tablet | gold tablets |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The Petelia Gold Tablet was discovered near Strongoli in the nineteenth century.
- The creature that dropped the gold tablet was Koura's minion, a homunculus created by his black magic.
- It is a platform game in which the lead character, Franky, must escape the castle in which he is trapped in order to search for pieces of a gold tablet which will help him to stave off debt.
- She was christened on 13 July 1561 and the Queen gave her a gold chain and a gold tablet or locket.
- Regent Morton bought a gold tablet from him for £22 Scots to give to Sir Thomas Musgrave, Captain of Bewcastle.
- A gold tablet referring to Nawidemak is included in the collection of the Allen Memorial Art Museum in Oberlin, Ohio.
- The gold tablet may have served both as a protective amulet during the deceased's lifetime and then, with its insertion into the mouth, possibly on the model of Charon's obol, as a "Totenpass".
- Her inventory of goods included a golden belt with a gold knop; a chain of pearls; a "carcat" necklace of pearls with five gold pieces set with rubies and a diamond; a gold locket or "tablet" set with two diamonds and two rubies with a pearl worth £100; a great gold tablet or locket with the portrait of Anne of Denmark raised in relief, set "in the circuit" around with 9 diamonds and 11 rubies, worth £100 (perhaps a gold medal made after a portrait by Adrian Vanson); with diamond rings and bracelets.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!