|SYNO ||addictive | habit-forming|
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The term however tends to be applied toward self-destruction that either is fatal, or is potentially habit-forming or addictive and thus potentially fatal.
- Chlordiazepoxide can be habit-forming. Tolerance may develop with long-term or excessive use, making this medication less effective.
- Prazepam like other benzodiazepines has abuse potential and can be habit forming. However, its abuse potential may be lower than other benzodiazepines because it has a slow onset of action.
- It also called the game "habit-forming". Weaknesses noted in the review included the enemy AI and the large number of clicks required for resource management via the basal golems.
- Barbiturates such as butabarbital are thought to be habit-forming and addictive, and have severe risks from withdrawal including death.
- Through renewed interest into possible anti-tumor activities of some of the opium alkaloids and derivatives, unrelated to their antinociceptive properties and habit-forming effects, the oxidation product of codeine has been found to induce cell death in three different human cancer cell lines "in vitro".
- Missing school can be a habit-forming behavior and can be challenging to deal with despite growing awareness of the causes of absenteeism.
- A modeless interface, monotony of design and elimination of blocking warnings are all intended to favor habit-forming reactions to interface handling.
- Kinnon attended meetings of another group called Habit-forming Drugs but was disappointed with it.
- Nir Eyal is an Israeli-born American author, lecturer, and investor known for his bestselling book, "Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products".
- Research also shows that voting is habit-forming, as voting in one election increases the probability of voting in a future election by 10 percentage points (controlling for other factors).
- The Narcotic Farms Act of 1929 is a United States federal statute authorizing the establishment of two narcotic farms for the preventive custody and remedial care of individuals acquiring a sedative dependence for habit-forming narcotic drugs.
- The personal essay "May Be Habit Forming" was a Notable Essay in Best American Essays 2000, edited by Robert Atwan and Alan Lightman.
- All products containing oxycodone (including Percodan, Percocet, OxyContin) have the potential to be habit-forming.
- "Thalictrum kiusianum", the Kyushu meadow-rue or dwarf meadow-rue, is a herbaceous perennial grown for its compact slowly spreading habit, forming a mat of dark green, with showy purplish-pink flowers.
- 1911: United States first Opium Commissioner, Hamilton Wright argues that of all the nations of the world, the United States consumes most habit-forming drugs per capita.
- Like all opioids used for analgesia, hydromorphone is potentially habit-forming and is listed in Schedule II of the United States Controlled Substances Act of 1970 as well as in similar levels under the drugs laws of practically all other countries and it is listed in the Single Convention On Narcotic Drugs.
- Kava consumption can be habit forming. However, there is no evidence of kava causing physical addiction nor of long term risks due to its regular use.
- Dimethylthiambutene is now under international control under the UN Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs 1961, the laws governing habit-forming substances in virtually all countries and Schedule I of the US Controlled Substances Act of 1970 due to high abuse potential and never being introduced clinically in the United States; other countries regulate it much as morphine or diamorphine.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!